Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Changes

Just when you've gotten used to one thing, it seems to change. This Summer my older sister was in Europe for 6 weeks, and my brother has been home for the Summer. Just last week, my sis came back, and yesterday my brother left for school again. I'm really glad to have the sister back, but sad to see my brother go.

I do realize that these things happen all the time. I am to that age where the home I knew- with my thousands of siblings always around- is not the same anymore. Some of us are grown up now, and everyday things are changing. Soon a few of us will move out for good and then the younger ones will know what it is like to be the oldest kids in the house. Thinking about all this does make me sad, but this is life. People grow up. I guess I didn't realize it would happen to me so fast. But I sure am glad for all the years I've had at home with my family.

E

4 Comments:

At August 24, 2005 12:57 AM, Blogger ShapeNoteSinger said...

Neither did I, darlin'....

It's a joyful thing and you never get joy without a cost.

xo

 
At August 24, 2005 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember my mother's favorite way to encourage us during hard times was to say "we may not have much, but we have each other". If you stop to think about all those "only children" out there, man are they getting gypped. Having a loving family, even when you don't always agree is a foundation I couldn't survive without. Just remember to always grow in wisdom as you do in years. Much love. K

 
At August 27, 2005 10:58 AM, Blogger aikou Iesu said...

God will always stay constant. Look forward to the family reunions, those always helped me with my 50 cousins. LOL But yeah, from an only child looking in, enjoy missing someone that you have because that means that they are in your life. Glad your brother made it here safely though. Have a great night!

 
At August 27, 2005 3:46 PM, Blogger GravyGal said...

I am thankful for all of them. They're a great bunch. ;) God has really blessed our family!

Ps B.W. - heard about the house, how fun!! How is it coming along?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home