Thursday, August 04, 2005

More on NC

(This post inspired by Ithilien's comment at the end of the previous post)

I must clarify that I have liked Nickel Creek since their first CD came out mainly for their very cool music style (sortof ModernFolkGrass).

I will say that I do not particularly agree with thier strange new taste in dress and attitude (seen in their music videos), but I do hope that this new CD demonstrates that even though they may have changed in appearances, that they will continue to make good music.

E

6 Comments:

At August 05, 2005 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN, SISTER!!!!

 
At August 05, 2005 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hear hear! (or is it "here here"?)
Nickel Creek may be "reacing out of the box" musically, but their talent remains a fact. Good music.
Classical and Broadway are two of my favorite kinds of music, but Roots music is in my blood, being the music of my southern heritage. I just make it a point to have a very broad taste musically, and listen to and love the most tasteful and talented from each category.
-Kathryn

 
At August 05, 2005 11:33 PM, Blogger Androphenese said...

One must love NC for what they are, not for what he wants them to be, and if you don't like what they are, then you will just have to face the facts.

To learn more about the vision, read this article... www.newsobserver.com/lifestyles/whatsup/v-printer/story/2335806p-8713531c.html

 
At August 06, 2005 4:07 AM, Blogger GravyGal said...

:)

 
At August 09, 2005 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, Andrew.
-K

 
At August 11, 2005 7:57 PM, Blogger ithchick said...

I appreciate Nickel Creek, I just don't care for them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home